Forums » Classic Battlestar Galactica- 1978 to 1979

disappointment for the soccer-crazed nation.

• November 18, 2017 12:46 AM EST

The worlds most anticipated sporting event is upon us. Billy Smith Jersey . Brazil will open the 2014 World Cup at home Thursday against Croatia. You can listen to the game live on TSN Radio 1050, 690, 1260 and TEAM 1410 starting at 4pm et/1pm pt. Thirty-two nations will compete to achieve world-wide soccer supremacy over the next month with plenty of intrigue and drama to be had in the process.  The question is, who is your pick to hoist the Jules Rimet Trophy as World Cup champion on July 13? One of the obvious choices is the host team. Anything but a first place finish for captain Thiago Silva and the Brazilians would be a massive disappointment for the soccer-crazed nation. The club is stacked with young superstars like Neymar up front with experienced veterans on defence like Dante and Dani Alves. Brazil has what it takes to win it all, but will have to handle the pressure of playing on home soil. To be the champ you have to beat the champ and that is Spain. The defending World Cup champions and two-time defending European champions will be vying for a fourth straight major title in Brazil. They definitely have the horses to get it done with Xavi Hernandez, Sergio Ramos, Andres Iniesta and Juan Mata leading the way. Forward Diego Costa is also 100 per cent healthy after suffering from a nagging hamstring, adding to Spains lethal scoring weapons up front. Then there is the team who has arguably the best footballer in the world. Lionel Messi and Argentina will look to capture their first World Cup title since 1986 in Mexico. They looked to be on that path back in 2010 in South Africa until Germany trounced them in the quarterfinals. Messi was unable to score at that World Cup and will be looking for retribution. Germany always seems to be in the mix and theres no reason 2014 should be any different. Germanys strength is their midfield which could be the best in the whole tournament. Even with the absence of Marco Rues and the questionable health of Sami Khedira, the German midfield is still one to be reckoned with. Germany is one of the most well-rounded squads in the tournament and will be a tough challenge for any opponent. Uruguay is a strong entry too, but with the uncertainty of elite striker Luis Suarez due to recent knee surgery, the South American team might be in a tough position. Cristiano Ronaldo and his Portuguese club along with Belgium, Netherlands and Croatia are all teams that could surprise some people too. Its a tough call, but its yours to make. Who will win the World Cup? As always, its Your! Call. Bryan Trottier Jersey . Hamelin overcame a weak start to win bronze in the 500-metre race behind winner Wu Dajing of China and American J.R. Celski on Saturday at the world short track speed skating championship. Travis Hamonic Jersey . Venable and Jeremy Hermida drove in three runs apiece, and the Padres beat the Colorado Rockies 7-2 on Sunday to snap a nine-game losing streak.CAMPBELLVILLE, Ont. - JK Endofanera roared down the stretch to take the $1 million North America Cup, Canadas richest harness race, on Saturday. It was the second Cup win for driver Brian Sears, who took the 2005 edition with Rocknroll Hanover, but the first for trainer Ron Burke and owner 3 Brothers Stables (Alan, Steven and Ronnie Katz) of New York City. JK Endofanera, leaving from post nine, came from well out of it, collaring Hes Watching and favoured Tellitlikeitis deep in the lane to finish in one minute 48.4 seconds. The winning margin was one and one-half lengths over Tellitlikeitis, with Hes Watching third and Mcwicked fourth. "The trip worked out beautiful," said Sears. "I followed Mcwicked and he took me where I needed to go. A second-over trip. My horse never saw the fence. Ronnie aand (brother) Mickey did a terrific job getting this horse ready for tonight. Denis Potvin Jersey. I always thought highly of this horse. He won a big race for me last year at two (Governors Cup). "The last couple of weeks I thought he was a little off his game. They made some corrections on him and it really worked out well." Lyonssomewhere took the field to the opening quarter in a Cup-tying 25.1 seconds, but Hes Watching and driver Tim Tetrick took over before the half in 53.2 seconds. That pair still held sway after three-quarters in 1:20.3 and was still one and one-half lengths in front, but JK Endofanera got rolling late on the outside and prevailed. JK Endofanera, in notching his eighth win in 12 career outings, earned $500,000 for the win at the richest pacing event in North America. Cheap NFL JerseysCheap NFL Jerseys China Cheap Jerseys From China Cheap NFL Jerseys Authentic Wholesale Jerseys China Cheap NFL Jerseys China NFL Cheap Jerseys ' ' '