Forums » Introduce Yourself Meet other BSG Fans

Hello Everyone I am a huge Battlestar Galactica FAN

• 5 posts
    May 11, 2013 10:01 AM EDT

Hello Everyone,

I am glad to see you all here are as introductions are in order i am Miguel Rivera originally from New York City.  I grew up with a passion for everything Sci Fi related it really didn't affect which show i was watching. i always found myself being part of that world in every aspect.  Technology and gadgets always got the better part of me.  For example how is that done, what powers, how does fly like that and the list goes on.  I have always been a visionary living in a world which was i guess really not my own. i always feel out of place b/c the world i truly belong is way into the future.

The future like Voyage Bottom to the of the Sea then came Seaquest, Another example Star trek TOS and then every single spin off you can think of. However the TOS Star Trek was the foundation they where built upon. Now Battlestar Galactica TOS and the newly Re-Imagined Battlestar Galactica.  You can see so many nods made by the new show paying homage to the original in numerous ways. However even the characters have changed which gave richeness and more definition to what we remember from the original series. Sci Fi has always made a huge impact on me as a child and to be honest it still does.  It drives me to do more and build, design, vision and thrive on what lies ahead, what will be and what is over the next horizon. I am just driven and built that way.

As a child like many of you grew up watching Battlestar Galactica TOS and liek many always wanted to fly a Viper and shot down Cylons. Even take a shuttle down and visit a planet just to see what explaoration can be done.  My fondest memories of watching the original show are  as follows:

-Vipers being launched out of the tube from different angles.

-The Colonial Pilots rushing to the launch bay in some cool looking cart.

-The Battle scene taking place in space Vipers versus Cylon Raiders.

-The human element touching on the real problems going on in our world.

-Passion found and seen in all the characters which brought the show to life i have always admired that.

I am a Battlestar Galactica watch the show over and over and it goes fro both the new and the old.  I always look for anything i have missed sometime the devil is in the details. You never know what you missed unless your truly watching.  Be safe everyone and thank you for readign as i share a little of my fan side with you all.

• 35 posts
    May 21, 2013 12:14 AM EDT
    You are a TRUE Fan Miguel! :-)