Forums » Classic Battlestar Galactica- 1978 to 1979

Abdelkader struggled to get bac

• November 18, 2017 12:46 AM EST

The NHL added yet another name to the growing list of suspended players this season on Wednesday. Laurent Ciman Jersey . Pittsburgh Penguins defenceman Deryk Engelland was suspended five games by the NHL for an illegal hit to the head on Detroit Red Wings forward Justin Abdelkader on Saturday. In the first period of the Penguins 4-1 victory over the Red Wings, Engelland landed a shoulder to the head of Abdelkader as he was cutting across the ice. Engelland was given a five-minute major and ejected from the game with a match penalty for the illegal hit. Abdelkader struggled to get back to his feet and had to be helped off the ice by his teammates, he did not return to the game. Jordan Lukaku Jersey . The judge sternly instructed the prosecutor to restrain himself and he apologized -- then went right back to trying to pick holes in the testimony of the double-amputee runner. It was a harsh day of cross-examination for Pistorius, challenged relentlessly about his account of the moments just before he killed Reeva Steenkamp, as well as circumstances related to several firearms charges against him, including the firing of a gun in a crowded restaurant. Thomas Vermaelen Jersey . In Englands first game since its worst-ever World Cup showing, Roy Hodgsons side rarely looked like scoring against unambitious opposition and the breakthrough in the friendly only came when Raheem Sterling was tripped in the penalty area.There will be five Scholars strutting their stuff in Brazil this summer and we wish them all the best on the big stage. It has been a long, hard and emotional rollercoaster ride for all 11 of our Sky Academy Sports Scholars since they were selected for our Sky team after London 2012.With the British Paralympic athletics squad finalised on Tuesday, sprinter and long jumper Olivia Breen became the fifth Scholar to be selected for the Games.The five Scholars heading to Rio:SIOBHAN-MARIE OCONNOR (Swimming, 200IM - DOB 29/11/1995)Being part of Sky Academy has been brilliant for my training. Ive been able to do everything needed to improve and try to get to the top.Read more about Siobhan Siobhan Marie OConnor is drawing on the experience of London 2012 for Rio OLIVIA BREEN (Athletics, T38 100m, 200m & long jump - DOB 26/07/1996)Being a Scholar has given me the confidence and financial ability to make this dramatic move and I havent looked back since.Read more about Olivia Olivia Breen will line up in the 100m, long jump and 4x100m relay HOLLY BRADSHAW (Athletics, Pole Vault - DOB 02/11/1991)Sky have already given me some great opportunities and Im looking forward to more in the future.Read more about Holly Pole vaulter Holly Bradshaw will be competing at her second Olympics SAVANNAH MARSHALL (Boxing, Middleweight - DOB 19/05/1991)Johnny Nelson has helped me particularly on the physical side with my techniques, where Adam Smith has helped me mentally.Read more about Savannah Savannah Marshall is hoping to put a nightmare two years behind her in Rio MARK ENGLISH (Athletics, 800m, 4 x 400m relay - DOB 18/03/1993)Having a mentor has been immensely valuable. Nicolas Lombaerts Jersey. The advice Darren Campbell has given me on injuries, training and racing has been golden.Read more about Mark Mark English has battled back to fitness after a thee-month lay-off For the five that have made Rio, there are six Scholars that did not and have to now work on goals beyond 2016. Head of Sky Academy Sports Scholarships Tony Lester insists not making the Games isnt a disgrace.Lester says: For some the joy is in making the cut, and getting onto the team. For the more seasoned its simple, a medal is the only measure of success.You can only imagine the self-imposed pressure that our young Sky Academy Sports Scholars have put upon themselves in their quest to become an Olympian.There really is no easy route to the Olympics; its a labour of love looking to fulfil that once in a lifetime sporting ambition. The journey is filled with bumps in the road, and having an off day, you do so at your peril. Tony Lester (left) with boxer Jack Bateson who wasnt selected for Rio To make an Olympics team, you without a doubt need to be talented. But equally, luck is a key player. Catching a cold, picking up an injury in the heat of competition is all the bad luck you dont need.Lets not forget that these athletes are people too, who have not only sacrificed everything, but given their all. The one thing that can be guaranteed is that they are doing their very best.We should try not to criticise. We should take a minute to think about the journey that sports person has been on to get to that point and try to walk a mile in their shoes.WHATS COMING UP FOR OUR SCHOLARSJuly 30: Lucy Garner, Ride LondonAugust 5-21: Rio OlympicsSeptember 7-18: Rio Paralympics Also See: About the Scholarship Meet the athletes Blogs Videos Galleries Cheap NFL Jerseys Cheap NFL Jerseys China Cheap Jerseys From China Cheap NFL Jerseys Authentic Wholesale Jerseys China Cheap NFL Jerseys China NFL Cheap Jerseys ' ' '