Forums » Classic Battlestar Galactica- 1978 to 1979

What the frak

• November 18, 2012 6:34 PM EST

Okay, I'd forgotten they used "frak" as a stand in for our F-word in BSG Classic. So, the episode called Lost Planet of the Gods, Apollo is trying to stop Starbuck from taking his place on a dangerous patrol. Hatch jumps off the elevator, sees Benedict - as Starbuck - has already taken off and says, what? I have played this on my Netflix instant queque over and over and it sure as frak sounds like our F-word. If anybody agrees let me know.

• 7 posts
    November 26, 2012 2:54 PM EST
    i checked that out as well... and it does indeed sound like our F-word... the editors/continuity team must have missed it in post-production.
    • 1 posts
    November 26, 2012 11:36 PM EST
    I used it all the time in school as a kid, Frak this, frak that. I loved the classic Battlestar Galalctica .
    • 7 posts
    November 27, 2012 4:38 AM EST
    vince hall said:
    I used it all the time in school as a kid, Frak this, frak that. I loved the classic Battlestar Galalctica .
    Hell, I STILL use it!!  All the "frakking" time! Makes it easier to curse out loud in polite company. B)
    • 2 posts
    December 29, 2012 11:43 PM EST

Starbuck was also fond of "feltercarb'

• January 15, 2013 1:22 AM EST
    i use frak alot. lol
    • 7 posts
    February 21, 2013 5:48 AM EST
    "Pogees" was one that was tossed around quite a bit... Kudos if you get the anatomical reference... :)
    • 35 posts
    February 23, 2013 2:11 AM EST

I use "Frak" when I want to be nice to my husband but at the same time, curse him when he pisses me off LOL. But I have to make sure sometimes I do not say it whenever my youngest son is around. He has a tendancy to sneak in. I made a mistake of saying it one time and I did not know he was close by and I heard him shout "MAMA! You said a poddy word! Bad MAMA!" And my youngest son just recently turned four this past January! HEHEHEH!

This post was edited by Dragon Lady at February 23, 2013 2:12 AM EST
    • 3 posts
    May 28, 2013 12:46 AM EDT
    In the classic show, it was FRACK, not Frak. Frak is NuBSG.
  • May 29, 2013 2:38 AM EDT
    The story I heard about the word frak is they needed a swear word they could by the censors. i am not sure which series it applied to.
    • 3 posts
    May 29, 2013 2:43 AM EDT
    In the classic show--it was not meant as out "F word." It was their version of our "S word."
    • 2 posts
    June 12, 2013 8:14 PM EDT
    yep, just about everything started in the Original Series. Including Frack, Fegarcarb, Pogees, Galmonging (a favorite of Cain's)